Ocean Spray’s Role
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy. Our site is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children. Where appropriate, we will explicitly instruct children not to provide such personal data on the site and/or will take reasonable measures to obtain parental consent to such submission. We encourage parents to instruct their children to use their personal data in a safe and responsible manner while using the Internet.
Personal Information That You Provide
We will collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us or apply for a job with us), and information we collect about you from other sources such as social media, Digital Services or direct or telephonic communications.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you sign up for or request that we send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you submit an application for a position with us; when you sign up for a webinar or event; when you enter a sweepstakes or contest hosted on this site; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The information you provide may include:
- Personal details (e.g. name,)
- Other contact details (such as telephone number, email address, postal address or mobile number)
- Employment and education details (for example, the organisation you work for, your job title and your education details)
- Identification and behavior data (such as name, address (private/work), phone number (private/work), e-mail address (private/work), country of residence, electronic identification data (cookie identifiers, logged data, IP addresses, your browser type and language, your access times, details of how you use our products and services, details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information.)
- Your postings on blogs, forums, wikis and any other social media applications, regarding Ocean Spray’s products or services
Information that we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from various sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyze our records; identify new customers; or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
The categories of information that we collect about you from these other sources are:
- Personal details (e.g. name, date of birth)
- Contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number)
- Transactional information (e.g information about your queries, requests or complaints)
- Authentication and identification information (e.g username, password, IP address)
- Your personal preferences for our products;
- Purchase behavior, likes and dislikes per social media activity, and data from online profiles
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity when you visit our website
- Provide, improve and personalise our Digital Services
- Address your enquiries and requests
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- Communicate with you about our products or services
- Provide you with promotional and other offers from us or other promotional partners
- Conduct customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities
- Use aggregated personal data and statistics to monitor website usage and help us better our website, products or services
• Meet our contractual obligations to you under our terms and conditions of use
- Exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law
- To understand how our Digital Services are used, including by generating and analyzing statistics
- To send you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal data was provided.
Legal basis for the processing
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases ,the legal basis will be one of the following:
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide you with any products or services you purchase, and to administer any promotions you sign up for
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example to respond to a court order and exercise and/or defend our legal rights
- To meet our legitimate business interests, for example to ensure that we can provide you with our services and/or information on our products. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out to process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us at the details below.
- We may obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information when we are required to do so by law (for example, in relation to our direct marketing activities, Cookies and Tracking Technologies or when we process sensitive personal information). If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy notice.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Ocean Spray affiliated companies. We work closely with all companies that make up Ocean Spray
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us or jointly with us. For example, we may partner with other companies to optimise our services
- Analytics and search engine providers to assist us in the improvement and optimization of the website
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Asset purchasers. We may share your personal information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party
- For the purposes of collecting your feedback on Ocean Spray’s service provision, to help us measure our performance and to improve and promote our services
Because we operate as part of a global business, the recipients referred to above may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the services). See the section on "International Data Transfer" below for more information.
Information Security and Storage
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all our employees to keep personal information confidential and only authorised personnel have access to this information.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law or by the European Commission.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Deal with any complaints regarding our products or services
- We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
Your rights over your personal information
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal information
- Access your personal information
- Rectify the information we hold about you
- Erase your personal information
- Restrict our use of your personal information
- Object to our use of your personal information
- Withdraw any consents you have given
- Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- Object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as we can. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests. If you feel that your rights have been violated, you should contact us at the address below or lodge an official complaint as detailed in the “Contact Us” section.
Also, it is important to note that, the website may contain links to and from other websites operated by other networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you decide to follow such link and visit their websites, they will have their own privacy policies. Ocean Spray does not accept any responsibility or liability for the use of your data or the policies of other websites. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to their website.
You may request a copy of this notice from us using the contact details set out above. We may modify or update this notice from time to time. Where changes to this privacy notice will have a fundamental impact on the nature of the processing or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, we will give you sufficient advance notice of any changes so that you have the opportunity to exercise your rights (e.g. to object to the processing).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Data Protection Officer))
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist you with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to a European data protection authority in the Member State where you live, work, or where the alleged infringement arose
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that allows us to recognize and remember you, if you agree to their use. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our sites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
What types of cookies do we use?
The cookies that Ocean Spray could use can be put into several different categories:
Strictly necessary/essential cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website. If you block these cookies, then these functions and services will unfortunately not work for you. We won’t even be able to save your preferences about cookies.
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, the Google Analytics cookie gives us information such as your journey between pages and whether you have downloaded anything.
These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). We can provide you with a more personalized experience through the use of essential and functionality cookies.
Marketing/ advertising cookies
Each of these cookies are used in different ways, and you can manage whether they are collected.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our site
- Showing you products and materials that may be relevant to you
- Working with partners to serve you relevant advertising
How to manage cookies?
Please note, however, that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use our website. To be specific, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use certain functionalities.
|Strictly necessary/essential cookies
||This is a security cookie set by the website as an anti-forgery token to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery requests on website forms. This cookie will prevent anybody from forging a hyperlink and posting data to the website.
|Strictly necessary/essential cookies
||Affinity Cookies are used by the server infrastructure of Microsoft Azure to aid people who need to stay with a certain instance of web app or web site. The reason for this is that we strive for statelessness, but do not always achieve it. This means that the user must stay on the particular instance that they using till they break state and then things are saved at that time
|Strictly necessary/essential cookies
||This is a cookie that the web server framework ASP.NET uses to store a unique identifier and preserve a user session across different web pages of the site
|Analyse / Performance cookies
||Used by Sitecore Engagement Analytics to identify the visitor on repeat visits to the website
|Strictly necessary/essential cookies
||Used by Sitecore to identify the current language/culture preferences of the website content
|Strictly necessary/essential cookies
||Used by website to determine if the cookie bar overlay should be shown to the user
| Marketing/ advertising cookies
||Pinterest is a web and mobile application company that operates a software system designed to discover information on the World Wide Web, mainly using images and on a smaller scale, GIFs and videos
||Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic, currently as a platform inside the Google Marketing Platform brand