- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon canned, diced green chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 9-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican mix or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
Place turkey, onion and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Break meat into small pieces during cooking. Drain fat.
Add salsa, dried cranberries, chilies, cumin and cinnamon to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place tortilla chips on a 10 x 15-inch jelly-roll pan. Spoon turkey mixture over chips. Top with cheese. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat just until cheese melts and begins to bubble. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Calories 389, Protein 15grams, Carb. 38grams, Fat 21grams, Chol. 49mg, Dietary Fiber 5grams, Sugar 8grams, Vitamin A 77RE, Vitamin E 1mg, Vitamin C 2mg, Sodium 705mg, Iron 2mg, Calcium 262mg