- PORK CHOPS
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ginger soy sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 butterflied pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 2 1/4-inch slices red onion, halved
- 4 small yellow tomatoes, such as campari, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 ruby red grapefruit, segmented and membranes removed, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes, if desired
Mix all pork chop ingredients except chops and oil in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 20 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup; set aside. Cool remaining glaze. Pour cooled glaze into 1-gallon resealable plastic food storage bag; add pork chops. Seal; turn and rotate bag to cover chops with marinade. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Clean asparagus and cut tips to 3-inch length. In medium bowl, toss asparagus tips, onion and tomatoes with olive oil, salt and 2 tablespoons of the reserved glaze. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet with sides. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Return to medium bowl. Mix in grapefruit, Craisins® Dried Cranberries, almonds and remaining 2 tablespoons reserved glaze.
Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops; discard marinade. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until well browned. Turn; cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes to desired doneness or until meat thermometer in center reads 145°F. Remove from heat and cover with foil; let stand 5 minutes.
To serve, spoon mashed potatoes on each of 2 serving plates, if desired. Top each with pork chop. Spoon relish over pork.
Tips: Pork chops can be grilled over medium heat, if you prefer.
If you can't find ginger soy sauce, use regular soy sauce and grate a little fresh ginger into the mixture.
Baking time for the asparagus depends on thickness of the spears, which varies considerably. Thin spears will be tender in 10 minutes, while thicker spears may need 15 minutes.
2015 Ocean Spray® "Surprisingly Versatile" Grapefruit Recipe Contest Second Place Winner Sandi Sheppard